To the 3rd Augusta Regional SPCA Furry 5K Fun Run & Walk!
Welcome to the ARSPCA's Furry 5K! The race will be Sunday, January 1, 2017, 10 a.m. at Gypsy Hill Park in Staunton, VA. Prizes will be awarded in age and gender divisions for humans AND dogs! That's right, register yourself and your dog for the race! Click here to register online!
Race starts at 10:00 a.m.
Race day registration from 9:00-9:45 a.m.
Entry fee is $30 per person on race day. Advance registration fee is $20 per person from September 8 until October 15 and $25 per person from October 15 thru December 31. No fee to register your dog in the race. All advanced registered people receive a commemorative long-sleeved race t-shirt. A minimal number of extra shirts may be available after advanced registration, but are not guaranteed.
To register in advance:
- Online registration CLICK HERE!
- Visit the SPCA at 33 Archery Lane Staunton, VA. Fill out a registration form and pay in person.
- Download a registration form here (click here) and mail to the SPCA with a check for registration fees. Completed entry form must be postmarked on or before December 20th in order to be received and processed prior to race day. Mail to the address below:
Augusta Regional SPCA
PO Box 2014
Staunton, VA 24402
The race day headquarters will be located at the West end of Gypsy Hill Park near the Kiwanis baseball field concession stand. Tables will be setup for race-day registration and also for pre-registrants to pick up their race packets. Race day registrants must pay with check or cash only.
The top runners in adult, juvenile, and dog divisions will recieve medals & prize packages. Divisions are as follows:
- Top male runner age 18 and under
- Top female runner age 18 and under
- Top male runner age 19-34
- Top female runner age 19-34
- Top male runner age 35-55
- Top female runner age 35-55
- Top male runner age 55 and over
- Top female runner age 55 and over
- Top dog runner over age 6
- Top dog runner under age 6
Directions to Gypsy Hill Park in Staunton:
From I-81: Take Exit 225; take Route 275 West for 5.5 miles to Churchville Ave. exit; go left off exit ramp on Route 250; go straight through traffic light; turn on A Street for one block; go left on Poplar St. for one block to park's west entrance.